Search public documentation:
UE3 Home > Mobile Home
Getting Started Topics
In order to deploy content created in UDK for iOS to a mobile device, a Development Certificate and Development Provisions must be created under the Development tab from within the iOS Provisioning Portal. When submitting your packaged app content to the iTunes Store, a Distribution Certificate and Distribution Provisions must be created under the Distribution tab. There can be multiple Provisions related to one Certificate, but only one Certificate will be valid at a time. Keep this in mind when working with a team of multiple developers; if a certificate is revoked the related provisions must then be modified or new ones created for the new certificate.
- Getting Started - Mobile development first steps.
- Getting Started: iOS Development - iOS development first steps.
- iOS Provisioning Overview - Setting up for iOS devices (IMPORTANT: This step must be completed to run on a device.)
- Licensees: Developing for Android - Compiling and running Android builds
- Android support is available to full UE3 source licensees. If you are developing a UDK title and wish to explore moving from UDK to UE3 in order to target additional platforms, please contact the sales team at Epic to discuss our competitive terms and licensing options.
General Mobile Topics
- Unreal Engine on Mobile - General information about mobile development using UE3.
- Mobile Profiling Home - How to profile games on mobile devices.
- Mobile Load Times and Install Package Size - How to reduce mobile load times and reduce application install size
- Mobile Content Design - How to create performant content for mobile platforms.
- Mobile Materials - Reference manual for creating mobile materials.
- Mobile Textures - Information dealing with textures on mobile devices.
- Mobile Kismet Reference - Reference detailing the mobile-specific Kismet nodes.
- Mobile Landscape - How to use the landscape terrain system on mobile devices.
- Mobile Input System - How the mobile input system works.
- Mobile Menu Technical Guide - Guide to creating menus on mobile devices.
- Mobile Audio System - How the mobile audio system works.
- Mobile System Settings - Reference for mobile-specific .ini file settings.
- Mobile Screen Orientation - Information on setting screen orientation and controlling rotation.
- Mobile Previewer - How to preview mobile games on PC using mobile emulation features.
- Mobile Vehicle Example - An example of a vehicle for mobile development.
- Mobile GPU Profiling - How to profile GPU performance performance on mobile.
- Mobile Shader Cycle Simulation - How to optimize using the shader simulation.
Apple iOS Topics
- Unreal Engine on iOS - Development information specific to iOS.
- UDK Remote - How to use UDK Remote to push touch controls to your PC.
- Game Center - Using Apple's Game Center technology in UE3
- Full Screen Movies for iOS - How to play full screen movies in iOS titles.
- Distributing iOS applications - How to submit an application created with UDK to the Apple iOS App Store.
- Customizing info.plist for iOS - How to customize the Info.plist property file.
- Platform Interface Framework - Guides for Facebook, Twitter, iCloud, iAd, and In-App purchases.
- Flurry Analytics - Guide to using the third party analytics provider available for iOS.
- Unreal Frontend - Reference for using the Unreal Frontend application to compile, cook, package, and deploy games.
- Precomputed Visibility - Improve your level's performance using Precomputed Visibility!
- STAT Commands - Descriptions of the various STAT commands for profiling games.
- Gamma Correction - Overview of gamma correction in UE3.
- Color Grading - Tone mapping and color correction post process effect.