Search public documentation:
UE3 Home > Networking & Replication
- Networking Overview - Overview of the networking architecture in Unreal Engine 3.
- Client Server Model - Basics of the client server networking model used in the Unreal Engine 3.
- Function replication - Explains what causes functions to run where, and how to tame it to your needs.
- Game State Replication - Overview of the game state replication in Unreal Engine 3.
- Packages and Networking - Important information about packages that is relevant from a networking perspective.
- Replication Glossary - A glossary of all the replication terms in Unreal Engine 3.
- Replication Info - An explanation of what replication infos are and when and where you should use them in Unreal Engine 3.
- Relevancy - An explanation about relevancy in networking in Unreal Engine 3.
- Replication Roles - Explains the various replication roles an actors can have.
- Variable replication notes - Notes about variable replication in Unreal Engine 3.
- Replication in weapons - A brief explanation of how weapons are replicated in Unreal Engine 3.
- Variable replication - Explains how variables are replicated from one game instance to the other.
- Client to server remote procedure call pattern - Used when the client wants to tell the server to execute a function with parameters.
- Server to client remote procedure call pattern - Used when the server wants to tell the client(s) to execute a function with parameters.
- RepNotify pattern - Used when you want to update when a variable is replicated.
- Torn off pattern - Used when you to stop replicating an actor, then continue to simulate them on the client(s).
- Temporary pattern - Used when you want to temporarily replicate actors, then continue to simulate them on client(s).
- Proxy pattern - Used when you want to use proxy actors to represent non existent or non replicating actors or objects.
- Network Profiler - A tool which examines the network packets sent and received by Unreal Engine 3.