Search public documentation:
UE3 Home > Unreal Engine 3 Video Tutorials
- Unreal Engine 3 Video Tutorials
Each of the links below points to a tutorial, grouped by topic or specific feature. The video tutorials are linked to a media repository from this page. Simply right-click and save the video to your local hard drive. Even though they are compressed, some of the files are quite large, so to reduce bandwidth consumption, we'd appreciate you having one person download all the videos and store them in a directory that's accessible to the whole team. NOTE: These video tutorials were made using the Unreal Development Kit. For more information on UDK, go here. Please right-click and save each file to your local storage space.
The file format is Windows Media Video (.wmv). No other codecs are required.
- Skeletal Meshes: Intro
- Skeletal Meshes: Skeletal Meshes Import/Export
- Skeletal Meshes: Mirror Tables
- Skeletal Meshes: Sockets
- Skeletal Meshes: Physics Assets
- VtmEditor - UnrealEd features such as BSP, static mesh placement, lighting, level optimization
- VtmTerrain - Using UnrealEd terrain creation and modification tools
- VtmMatinee - Training with the UnrealMatinee cinematic tools
- VtmCascade - Training with the UnrealCascade particle tools
- VtmKismet - Training with the UnrealKismet visual scripting tools
- VtmPhAT - Using the Physics Asset Tool (PhAT) for collision, constraints, and more
- VtmConstraints - Using physical constraints in the Unreal Engine
- VtmMaterials - Training with the UnrealEd Material Editor
Known for high-quality Video Training Modules and the Mastering Unreal Technology book series, 3D Buzz has put together these videos that guide you through the basics of the Unreal Engine editing suite, as well as working with a simple game project. The file format is MP4. No other codecs are required. Each compressed archive contains one or more videos:
- User Interface: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/user_interface.zip (34 videos)
- Simple Level: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/simple_level.zip (27 videos)
- Lighting: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/lighting.zip (5 videos)
- Geometry Mode: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/geometry_mode.zip (6 videos)
- Kismet: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/kismet.zip (11 videos)
- Materials: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/materials.zip (8 videos)
- Terrain: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/terrain.zip (1 video)
- Fractured Static Meshes: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/fractured_static_meshes.zip (4 videos)
- Sounds: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/sounds.zip (6 videos)
- Particles: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/particles.zip (9 videos)
- Fluid Surfaces: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/fluid_surfaces.zip (3 videos)
- Physics: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/physics.zip (4 videos)
- Cinematics: http://download.udk.com/tutorials/using-udk/cinematics.zip (12 videos)
English subtitle files (.srt) have been made available for these videos. These are text files with timing information suitable for translation into other languages. You should use a video player that supports .srt subtitle format, such as VLC or GOM Player to view the video with the subtitles. Here are the links for:
The UDK community has contributed a large number of videos. Please check them out: Community Videos.
Eat 3D is a professional video training company that focuses to have the highest quality training videos geared toward 3D Artists. They put an obsessive amount of time and effort into their work, and are proud of the results.
3dmotive creates and produces high quality digital training and tutorials by game industry pros, all delivered in HD and streamed instantly.