Search public documentation:
UE3 Home > Skeletal Meshes
Technical documentation and tutorials over using the FBX pipeline to create content for and import content into UE3. Static Meshes - Skletal Meshes - Materials - Animations - Morph Targets.
- Actor Components - Actor components build up the visual components which represent an actor.
Content Creation Topics
- FBX Skeletal Mesh Pipeline - Guide on importing skeletal meshes using the FBX format.
- Importing Skeletal Mesh Level of Detail - How to import and use skeletal mesh LODs.
- Morph Targets - How to create vertex animated states for skeletal meshes.
- Translucent Hair Sorting - How to modify the render sorting of triangles to resolve issues in translucent hair rendering.
- Skeletal Mesh Sockets - How to create, modify and use skeletal mesh sockets.
- SkeletalMeshSimplificationTool - How to simplify and generate LODs for skeletal meshes.
- Creating a modular pawn - How to create a pawn which can have parts of its body swapped with exchangable skeletal meshes.
- Adding sprites, meshes and particle effects to an actor - How to add sprites, meshes and particle effects to an actor in a flexible manner.
- Skeletal Mesh Pipeline Videos - videos by Epic Games' Jeremy Ernst.